A Very Ancient Craft
WATER MELON WINE
2 qts Watermelon Juice
2 qts Water
1 1/2 pounds sugar
2 1/2 tsp Acid Blend
1/8 tsp Tannin
1 tsp nutrient
1 Campden tablet
1 pack wine yeast
Starting SG 1.085
1. Cut melons into quarters, remove all rind parts entirely and discard seeds. Cut meat of melons into cubes.
2. Using nylon straining bag, mash and squeeze out juice into primary fermentor. Keeping all pulp in primary, tie bag and place in primary.
3. Stir in all other ingredients EXCEPT yeast. Cover Primary.
4. After 24 hours add yeast. Cover Primary
5. Stir daily and check S.G.
6. When ferment reaches S.G. of 1.040 (3-5 days) lightly press juice from bag. Siphon wine off sediment into glass secondary. Attach airlock.
7. When ferment is complete (S.G. dropped to 1.000 -- about 3 weeks) syphon off sediment into clean secondary. reattach airlock.
8. To aid clearing syphon again in two months and again if necessary before bottling.